Friday, March 7, 2014

Wild Creature Self-Evaluation

Attach a photo of your finished creature.  Place your creature on a dark background.  Your creature should take up at least 75% of the photograph!  Take a few pictures so you can choose the best one.

Attach a photo of the original design that you received in your sketch book.  Make sure the page is straight and flat.

Answer these questions:

  • What was the organism that you sculpted?  What do you know about this organism?
  • Did you interpret the creature in any way?  Or did you stay true to the original drawing?
  • What was challenging with working in clay for the first time this semester?  What was easy for you?  What did you learn that will help you in future projects?

1 comment:

  1. The organism I sculpted was a futuristic take on a squirrel. It was portrayed as a crazed being which had sharp claws and the ability to stand. It also seemed bigger than squirrels are today so I am lead to believe that it will be bigger in the future.

    I wanted to stay true to the given drawing so I didn’t stray from the given design very much. I even made the figure on a flat surface to mimic the picture given of it.

    It was a very challenging project in the regard of adding additional texture. The given picture didn’t have much visual texture so I had to improvise. On the tail I cut out pieces of clay to attach to make that part of the animal pop out a little more.

    Working with clay for the first time was certainly challenging. My creature broke several times and forced me to start from scratch late in the project. I learned, the hard way, the importance of keeping clay moist for future sculpting. I also learned some basic molding and texture techniques which will aid me in the future.

    ReplyDelete