Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pinch Pot Evaluation

Attach a picture of your finished pinch pot.


1. CRAFTSMANSHIP: Is your project will made?  (All cracks smoothed out, consistent wall thickness, no heavy bottom?)  What technical difficulties did you have in putting it together?  Did you include a foot and one other applied clay feature (i.e. a handle, lip)?

2. DESIGN QUALITY: Were your design ideas original and imaginative?  How did you create texture?

3. EFFORT/AMBITION: Did you work hard?  Did you go beyond the basic requirements of the assignments (explain)?

4. Any other thoughts?

5.  Grade yourself for                   EFFORT ___/10
                                        VISUAL SUCCESS ___/10

1 comment:

  1. I believe my project is well made. All of the cracks are smoother out and it is consistent in all regards, (wall thickness and weight). I included 4 “feet” and two handles on opposite sides of the pot.

    From the beginning of the project I knew I wanted to make a really interesting design. I decided to make a fish scale like design on the inside of the pot. To do this I depressed the wooden sculpting tool into the inner side on the pot all the way around the pot, and up to 5 rows high. It was successful but tedious.

    I feel that I did work hard on this project. I process of creating the texture on top of and on the inner side of the pot was tedious but fruitful. I initially wanted to color the inside of each individual depression a different color, but quickly realized that it wasn’t going to work, so I painted it the same color as the background.

    This was a challenging first project that I feel gave me the chance to practice some basic ceramics skills. I feel as if it was the perfect gateway project for the rest of the ceramics year.

    Effort:9.5/10
    Visual Success:9/10

    ReplyDelete