Friday, October 4, 2013

Art Fundamentals: Tile Self-Evaluation


Brayden's tile
Upon completion of your clay tile, take a few minutes to reflect on your work.  Create a blog post that shows a picture of your work and answer the following questions.

Post a picture of:
(Write a 1-2 sentence caption for each image explaining the process)
        1. Your complex object sketch
        2. Your 12 design sketches
        3. Your ceramic tile.

CRAFTSMANSHIP: Is your project well made?  What technical difficulties did you have in creating it?  Has everything been smoothed out?  Are all the shapes carefully carved out?

DESIGN QUALITY: Which principle of design did you choose?  Did you succeed in illustrating this principle?  How?  Use at least 3 elements of design to describe how you showed your principle of design. Describe at least one other principle of design that is illustrated in your tile.

EFFORT/AMBITION: Did you work hard?  Did you go beyond the basic requirements of the assignment?

Grade yourself:
      EFFORT ___/10
      VISUAL SUCCESS ___/10



TOPIC
OBJECTIVE
POINTS
CLASS TIME
I was engaged in the lesson during class time and was aware of the objectives (effort)
5
I used the clay and clay tools responsibly and respectfully at all times (behavior) and helped clean up at the end of class
5
TILE DESIGN

My design clearly illustrates a specific Principle of Design
20
My design is original, unique, and interesting to look at
20
TECHNIQUE
I used subtractive and additive sculptural techniques
5
All the shapes are carefully carved out
10
The tile has been smoothed out and looks finished
10
BLOG POST
I included images and captions for the complex object sketch, 12 designs, and tile
5
I thoughtfully filled out the Tile Evaluation
5
I clearly stated which Principle of Design I chose to illustrate
5
I described how I used at least 3 Elements of Design to show my Principle of Design
5
I described at least one other Principle of Design that is illustrated in my tile
5

TOTAL
100


No comments:

Post a Comment