Monday, January 13, 2014

Beg. Ceramics: Coil Vessels

Finished coil pots inspired by 5th graders' drawings

1. Attach a photo of the 5th grader's original painting (see Ms. DeWan for a digital copy)
2. Attach TWO photos of your finished coil pot: front and back (black background)
3. Briefly reflect on your vessel construction and painting:
  • What was most difficult about creating a vessel of this size with coils?
  • What was most surprising about working with coils?
  • Why did you choose this 5th grader's painting?
  • What do you think is happening in the painting?  What story is being told?
  • How did you interpret the painting onto your vessel?
  • Any other comments?


Mae's finished coil pot

TOPIC
OBJECTIVE
POINTS
CLASS TIME
I was engaged in the lesson during class time and was aware of the objectives (effort)
5
I used the clay and clay tools responsibly and respectfully at all times (behavior) and helped clean up at the end of class
5
DESIGN

The coil pot has an interesting form
5
The painting successfully uses the entire surface of the pot
20
My design is original, unique, and interesting to view
10
TECHNIQUE
I carefully formed a coil pot that is at least 12”
10
The coil pot has been smoothed out
10
Glaze has been carefully applied
10
BLOG POST
I included an image of the 5th grader’s painting
5
I included 2 images of my finished pot against a black background
10
I carefully answered all the questions from the evaluation
10

TOTAL
100


No comments:

Post a Comment